From gentle touch therapy to deeper sports and trigger point therapy, Grainne offers a range of massage techniques to suit everyone.
- reduce tension and stress in your body
- relieve muscular aches and pains
- increase mobility of stiff joints
- increase immune system function
- stimulate the circulatory system and the removal of waste products via the lymphatic system
- increase emotional wellbeing, helping with anxiety and depression.
Grainne offers a variety of massage.
- Swedish Massage: Swedish massage techniques vary from light to vigorous. Swedish massage uses five styles of strokes: effleurage (sliding or gliding); petrissage (kneading); tapotement (rhythmic tapping); friction (cross fiber or with the fibers) and vibration/shaking.
- Sports therapy or Deep tissue massage: Also known as manual and manipulative therapy, it is a physical treatment primarily used on the neuromusculoskeletal system to treat pain and disability. It most commonly includes kneading and manipulation of muscles, joint mobilisation and joint manipulation.
- Trigger point therapy: Myofascial trigger points are described as hyper-irritable spots in the fascia surrounding skeletal muscle. They are associated with palpable nodules in taut bands of muscle fibers. Trigger point therapy involves deactivating trigger points that may cause local pain or refer pain and other sensations, such as headaches, in other parts of your body. Manual pressure, vibration, or other treatment is applied to these points to relieve myofascial pain.
- Touch therapy: This is a very gentle form of massage therapy, specially designed for people living with cancer. It is a series of safe and effective therapies to ease the burden of the many side effects of chemotherapy and radium treatment.
- Pregnancy massage: This is a gentle form of massage therapy utilising light effleurage strokes to induce relaxation in the muscles, to improve circulation and to ease increase tension on the joints.