These classes help you maintain physical health and wellbeing, relieving ailments that are common during pregnancy such as heartburn, swollen joints and restless sleep. I offer ongoing six week courses which you can avail of right up to your labour.
Pregnancy is a great time to begin a yoga practice and is suitable to start from the second trimester onwards. Pregnancy yoga classes offer a supportive environment which allow you to connect with your baby in an intimate way. They give you an opportunity to meet other expectant mums, share experiences and support one another. You have time to de-stress and to experience the benefits of simple but effective postures, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques. Be sure sure to check out my pregnancy massage therapy too!
- maintaining physical health and wellbeing
- training you to focus on different areas of the body and introducing you to the breath, which is particularly helpful during childbirth
- improved sleep.
- reduced stress and anxiety.
- increased strength, flexibility and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth.
- decreased lower back pain, nausea, insomnia, headaches and shortness of breath.